Sunday 20 February 2011

5) How did I attract my audience?

After planning and researching how we wanted our film to look, I feel that our film can hold the audience's attention as the characters in themselves are interesting and would definatly attract the audience to keep watching the film to see what would happen next. The film engages with the audience because the way the characters in the film come across will be easy for the our target audience of the younger generation to relate to. We have also used certain techniques such as cliffhangers when both characters are killed at the start to intrigue the audience to find out more and the reasons in why the killer has done this. The use of the young actors is definatly an intergal part in making the film accessible to the younger generation as we feel it is more of a fair representation into how the younger generation actually act compared to the media's perception.

Below are examples of younger actors in other media productions;


Our film also uses the technique of confusion and leaves the film on a cliffhanger, the killer Louise seems to have no real motive to kill me or Shelby which leaves the viewer intrigued to find out what happens next. This is our main ploy to get the viewer to watch on further and see how Louise and the use of Facebook relates to the film. Below is comments we got from people who watched the opening of the film;

Josh Craske age 17: "I found the film rather confusing at the start but found the suspense was built up enough and the killing at the end is rather exciting and makes me want to watch more."

Joe Barwick Age 16; "I didn't really get what was going on and I wouldn't watch on, I wanted to see more of the killer as she was secretly quite attractive instead of the rather unappealing main actors who were not that good on the eye"

Sophie Barwick Age 22: "I rather enjoyed the film and found the actors very attractive, this alone would be a reason why I would watch on. I also found the way suspense was built up and the way facebook was used was another bonus into why I would continue to watch. Quality film !"

Liam Fritzl Age 14; "I found the film okay but not sure I would want to watch on as the actors are a bit mature and don't act like typical teenagers. However, I do like the use of facebook as it is easy to understand for someone like me as I'm absolutely obsessed by facebook. 

No comments:

Post a Comment