Tuesday 22 February 2011

7) Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the product?

Preliminary Task;

http://www.youtube.com/user/mediagees2010#p/u/5/HOcQ6eA2IlE

Final Draft

http://www.youtube.com/user/mediagees2010#p/u/0/UHPQaNlPNMk

Since our thriller, I believe we have progressed and learnt a lot, I think a major improvement has been the editing. I felt that with our preliminary task we were quite raw and seemed to dwell on footage to long creating long and tedious cuts. I felt in our actual thriller, we increased the pace of the scenes dramatically and created more suspense and tension this way.

I believe another improvement we made was with the expressionism, I felt that in our first task I was not used to having the camera on me all the time and struggled whereas in the film I seemed to not notice it as much and just try to make the scene look as real as possible. I feel my only error was when I was meant to be acting 'dead', my eye appears to move but this was not too noticable thankfully.

I think major improvements were also made from Jess with the camera work who seemed to make the film seem a bit more 'real' with the way she followed the action well. In our preliminary exercise you will notice that the zoom is pretty poor but we worked around this and the film seems to run smoothy in our actual thriller.

No comments:

Post a Comment