Wednesday 16 February 2011

4) Who would be my audience for my media project?

Before starting my thriller, I decided to do some background research on what my audience wanted to see, to do this I created a survey on a website called surveymonkey which helped me require what my target audience would want me to produce in my film.

After I had a discussion with my group, we decided that our target audience would be mainly young adults and teenagers so this is who we aimed our survey at my posting the survey on our Facebook and twitter pages. My results showed me various reasons why the teenage generation enjoyed thrillers and also expressed their preference to be physiological thrillers. We also got a mixture of answers from both genders to help us represent both genders equally in our thriller film. Below is a screenshot of some survey monkey results I acquired.



We also asked some of our fellow students what came to mind when they thought of a physcological thriller, we then used the responses to make a wordle using another new piece of equipment to show what responses we got from our target audience;


Thinking about our target audience, I would predict that the teenage generation would be the most likely to watch our film as they would be intrigued to how they were represented as our film relates mainly to their generation. It also uses the social network site Facebook which most teenagers can relate to and understand. I also think that teenagers would want to watch our film as they would recognise the dress sense and understand what was happening in the film better than an adult might be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment